7 Love and Relationship Tips
Most relationships, even those built on love, start to fade with time. If both partners do nothing to improve the situation after some time they may hit a dead-end. However, there are a few things that can be done to sustain happy and strong relationship.
Here are most important love and relationship tips that you need to know in order to save passion and special bond that you and your beloved share:
- Make sure to spend some quality time with your partner. Sometimes we get so caught up in insignificant daily worries that love is receded into the background. You have to take a conscious action to prevent that from happening. Find at least one weekend a month so the two of you could be together.
- Take a conscious action to show your other half that you love him/her. Surprise your partner with unexpected gift. It doesn’t have to be big and expensive. It just has to come from your heart.
- Show interest in your partner’s life. For example, you can say, “Hi. How was your day?” and listen to the answer attentively. The person that you love should not only see a lover in you, but also a friend to whom he/she can confide his/her worries and problems at any time.
- Communicating is crucial in any relationships. If you don’t like something about your partner’s actions do not keep it inside, talk to him/her, even if it may result in an argument.
- When having an argument, never use name-calling or refer to mistakes your beloved one has made in the past. It is not OK to humiliate or ridicule another person, even if he/she has hurt your feelings. This is not going to solve any problems on the contrary it will only make matters worse.
- Try to find a proper balance, between dependence and independence. By being too independent and cold, you can distance yourself from a person that you love. But at the same time by being too needy or “clingy” you can make him/her feel trapped and irritated. Make sure that your other half knows that you need and love him/her, but don’t overdo it. For example, if you give your girlfriend a bouquet of roses for no reason, she will be very touched and happy. But if you are giving her a rose every single day, eventually she will get used to it and the gesture will lose its meaning.
- And probably the most important tip – do not expect your partner be a mind reader! Men and women are different. They think differently, they feel differently, they act differently. If you want your special someone to do something for you – ask. Thoughts like, “If he would love me, he would do ….”, “I’m not talking to him until he apologizes for…” (when a guy has no clue of what he did wrong) are destructive and pointless.
You have to remember, that relationships are not only about fun and excitement. They take time and effort!